Saturday, October 18, 2008

Apple

Red, green or golden, apples are one of the ultimate easy, tasty, good-for-you snacks.

You know the old saying about an apple a day; well, it was coined for a reason and there is some truth to it. Among other nutritional benefits, apples are a great source of vitamin C. One medium apple supplies about 15-percent of a day's worth and only 80 calories. In addition, you get plenty of fiber from an apple. Eat it with the skin on and get twice as much fiber, about four grams, than if you peel it. You'll also be snacking on more vitamins and minerals.

Storing and Purchasing
Apples can be stored at room temperature for up to a week, or in the refrigerator for up to six weeks. For safety reasons, avoid unpasteurized apple cider because it can contain harmful bacteria - all unpasteurized juices carry a government warning label. When purchasing apples, look for very firm ones, with no bruises or broken skin.

Ways to Use Apples in Your Recipes

  • Add raw, sliced apples to salads
  • Apples add crunch and texture to rice and other grain dishes.
  • What could be better in fall than a simple baked apple? Cooked apples play a role in sweet and savory recipes.
  • As we all know, apples are delicious in cakes, pies or tarts, as well as in sauces for poultry or pork
(fitnessandfreebies.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
Dementia.Lupus.
,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.